Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Friendships

I still belong to my wonderful group of Mommies that I met online over 13 years ago (what?!? our Moppets are 13 now!).  We mostly communicate in a Facebook group.  Our group is still pretty active but as our kids have grown and are in more activities, we don't post as much.  It's always nice to know that I have a great group of Moms going through the same things I am. We are always there to support each other and share the ups and downs of our lives.

In the last year, I joined a local women's club.  It has been so great for me.  I've always just had a few close friends that I met through work or friends of friends.  Now I feel like I have a great group of friends who I can hang out with or see at meetings/activities.  We've organized several fund raisers to help the children of our community.  Our biggest money raiser was a holiday craft fair.  We now can offer several camp scholarships and hold a summer art camp for children in our village.  It's nice to feel like I belong to a group and am making a difference in the community.  I almost feel like a grown up now ;)

No comments: