Saturday, April 19, 2014

Graduation

I will be graduating from college in two and a half weeks. I can't believe it's finally here. Four and a half years ago I was turning 40 and quite unhappy with my life. What had I done? Where was I going? I had a little mid-life crisis.  This is when I decided I wanted to go back to college and figure out what I was going to be when I grew up.

I will be receiving a Bachelor of University Studies. My two majors are Family & Consumer Sciences and Psychology.  I have found that I love taking Family and Consumer Science classes.  They cover a lot of different topics and are quite interesting.  The Psychology part is very interesting too but something I would never pursue as a career. There aren't a lot of online classes that I was interested in but I was able to take enough Psychology to make it my 2nd major.

Now...what do I want to do when I grow up?  I'm still not sure LOL!  I have decided to pursue my Master's degree from the university that I work for (different than the one I'm graduating from). I have the chance to take two classes a semester for free (I pay for online fees and books). I can't pass up that opportunity. I've thought about being a home economist for the Cooperative Extension Service but will see if that is still what I want to do when I graduate.  I need to apply to graduate school and do all that is involved with that but I will hopefully be able to start my new adventure in the fall!

No comments: